Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By


Powered by Blogger

Dec 7, 2009

There are so many people I care about!


Excerpts of João's e-mail to his Brother Miguel on December 7, 2009

I am so grateful you are able to go to medical school at the University of Utah. It is really where you belong. I am so happy for you!

This last week was intense. running all over the place, non-stop. Sleep seems to be just a blink of an eye. We had a Restoration concert put on by the missionaries, with special guests and I had a few interviews, and also preparing the area to be given to missionaries in the neighboring area. Thursday morning after planning the mission president asked me to talk with him, he informed me that the Hempstead area will no longer have its own missionaries, not because we haven't been successful but simple because of a lack of missionaries coming in this transfer. My companion is leaving to another area in the island, and I will be re-located back to Midwood Brooklyn as a Zone Leader. President asked that I would spend time on french since most of the people in the church and on the streets are french-speaking. I will be living in the same apartment that I lived before and work an area that I am semi-familiar with.

It was the hardest it has been to leave an area. It really doesn't get any easier. Leaving an area is heart-breaking to me. There are so many people, investigators, members that I care about.

I need to do some shopping to prepare for the winter, I don't have any gloves or beenie or winter shoes to walk the streets of Brooklyn.

The pics are up at Montauk in Long Island!

0 comments:

Post a Comment