Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By


Powered by Blogger

Sep 15, 2008

My favorite... Teaching

This area is great, and from what I hear the best in the mission. It's Staten Island. Right in front of the big city of New york. We often ride the ferry to talk to people, so I see the Statue of Liberty daily. Our mode of transportation is a car. Driving here in NY is a bit like São Paulo. We pray everyday before we start driving!!!

The work is great. This last week we had committed so many people to come to church and be baptized and they have the desire and feel the spirit when we are in the home.

We just found that many who asked for DVD's or Book of Mormon's were not contacted yet. There are pages and pages of referrals. Our goal this next week is that we may contact them.

I think my favorite thing, is teaching. It's when I'm the happiest. In essence I have come to the conclusion, that we have to work on our follow up, follow up again and again to get people excited and come to church. The ward is a great ward! Ready to help us, so we're working with them as well...the number is about 120 people. We have baptisms scheduled for every week, but it seems that many of them are not keeping their commitments.

Last week I had my fist interview with the Mission President. It was short and simple. I asked him some questions and he gave me some good ideas.

I received your letter!!! It was great, thank you so much. I have found that there are 2 great joys in life, first is hearing someone decide to change their life and second letters and e-mails!!!! haha.

If there is one thing that has always gone up these past weeks is my testimony of this gospel. It is true. Jesus Christ is key! We follow Him first!

Thank you again for your love and kind words in your letters.

0 comments:

Post a Comment