Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By


Powered by Blogger

Sep 21, 2009

I am humble to be part of such group of missionaries

Excerpts of João's email to his mother on September 21, 2009


Dear Mom,

Thank you for your e-mail. You are the ever faithful.  I had a great week. District Leaders were invited to the Zone Leader's Council. The mission is evaluating it's goals, we want to be better... it looks like your days in Brazil working to reach the "Next Level". The meeting was excellent, we have a good group of missionaries, all very dedicated to the work. I am humble to be part of such a group of missionaries.



We did a fast this Sunday to know which goals we should change e improve. I felt the Spirit. It was a good fast to me. It helped that I had a baptism after the sacramental meeting that Sunday, we completed a family, the mother was baptized. It took some time as she worked on Sundays, but we did our part and the Lord blessed her and us. It is a miracle after another miracle. It is so good to dress in white, I just want to do it again! I wanted my companion to perform the baptism, but at the last minute she insisted and I did it. She was a bit nervous, the mission president and his wife attended the baptismal service. We had 4 other investigators also attending. It was excellent.  We asked to the investigators to write in a small card their testimony or a thought about the baptism. All of them wrote they never felt like that before and shared their testimonies. It was a beautiful experience. We have several other investigators we are teaching, I love this neighborhood of Mineola. 


I have been having a great study lately about the "Atonement". The many ways we can show submissiveness and willingness to the Lord seem endless. There are so many ways that we can go about our repentance. The Savior is perfectly just as He is merciful. How wonderful it is to have the Atonement. 


Love you Mom

0 comments:

Post a Comment