Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By


Powered by Blogger

Oct 10, 2009

For now they have missed their train...

Excerpts of João's email to his Brother Miguel


I felt like conference was for me, and I think it was like that for anyone that had ears to hear. It was personal, individual and specific. I marvelous experience for me. Rejuvenating, and unique. I chose this time, to write impressions and feelings instead of notes and quotes. 

Yesterday after the last session of the conference we had time to proselyte. It was 6 o'clock on sunday. Many of the missionaries came to our chapel (district center) to attend conferece. There was of course the usual mingle afterwards. Healthy to share the missionary spirit with others, but it can also be devestating to linger and avoid the chance to hop on the express to fulfill our purpose. I left immediately after I got one last look at Dad up on the standd (it brought comfort to see him live you know) we took off. We met with the brazilian family that we have been working with. the wife is a member, but the husband is not. We are baptizing him this upcoming 18th of October. He was excited and so are we. After that appointment, we had some time left, and I could've headed home, but out of  my gratitude and my duty we knocked doors, all of rejections, but with everysingle one, we testified that that indeed this work is real. For now they have missed their train to fulfill their purpose, but the Lord is merciful and I know He extends his arm all day long, every day. I am glad we were able to make it to our train stop on time, and take the express in fulfilling our purpose.

0 comments:

Post a Comment