Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By


Powered by Blogger

Nov 3, 2009

I wrote in capital letters: Change!

Excerpts of João's email of Nov 2, 2009


How I wish sometimes you were with me in the field. I hope you know how I happy I am and how much I love this work....I'm not content with the ordinary. In my planner this last sunday I wrote in capital letters: Change! Yet I am not quite so sure what to change and how to change to continue to help this Branch. 


We are going to have a musical fireside this transfer. Something alot like the one you had in your mission. An Elder who just came in has phenomenal talent, and he's touring the mission to anyone who wants to use that talent. I jumped to the opportunity of course and so the Zone Leaders and I are meeting with the District council to get it rolling. 

This week we were fortunate to receive some member referrals and I am praying that all will go well there. We're meeting with them this next week. It might just happen that they don't live in our area, but that's fine. I am grateful that the members are opening up more, and I feel that there is a trust between us.


So, some news from my side. Still in Hempstead obviously. My new companion arrived in the same group I did. He is from Korea, but lived some of his life in West Valley Utah. His name is Elder Khang. New york is beautiful in the Autumn. It's cool weather and the colors are magnificent. There is a lake in our area that I took pictures of. Looks like Bad Homburg. 

Today, we are going to Costco!!! I am excited to get some goodies, and also of course have lunch in the sample tables...woohooo! I love you so dearly. I think of you often. Thank you for your prayers. I feel them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment