Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By


Powered by Blogger

Jan 14, 2010

My first debu on TV

Excerpts of João's e-mail to his Brother Miguel on January 12, 2010.

I've been excited to write you this week. I got the shirt you sent me. Oh wow it feels so great to have a shirt that is white. No yellow pits or stains...beautiful gift. It fits me nice and I wore it for my first debu on TV...hehe. Remember I told you about the network coming in to film us. Their particular topic was on singles, since we're not the norm on 20 year olds. We were honest with our answers and we made sure that we explained why we lived this life. Kell was the one interviewing us. He's in his late 20's, very relaxed and genuine. He didn't seem to fully understand our answers at first to matters on why we would dedicate two years of our lives to this type of lifestyle. But as we left the house and he followed us around, he caught a glimpse of why we do what we do. We contacted people on the street, taught and arranged future appointments. And after he was able to see missionary work first hand we feel he understood our interview.

It was a positive experience, and President Nelson was happy on how we conducted things. I enjoyed myself. We did all of this all day yesterday, and so we're having our p-day today. Next week is  transfers and we are remaining in this area. We're excited. Things are finally picking up. We're baptizing someone in two weeks, and we're working with a French family. The baptismal commit really is a miracle. Tender mercies. He found us and informed us he wants to be baptized. I know his grandmother who is a member from the first time I served here and she approached me last Sunday with her grandson Ricardo. He's 17 years old soon going on 18. On another note the other day one of the missionaries gave me a new quote, here it goes. "When Satan reminds you of your past, remind him of his future." I thought it was good. I got a letter for you on the way with a copy of a way good article I read. It's about light.

0 comments:

Post a Comment