Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By


Powered by Blogger

Jun 8, 2009

Busiest days of my life!!!

Excerpts from João's e-mail of June 8, 2009

I apologize for the lack of e-mails. Indeed it has been the busiest days of my life, never have I had to pack so many things to do in such a little amount of time. Nothing to worry today I was able to write each of you a nice letter. I figured I would go old school.

Thank you for your e-mails and letters. They make the week so much sweeter. I love you all so much. Last monday we had to help a member, so I was unable get to you guys. Sorry.

Tonight we are in charge of the Family Home Evening, it will start in about 30 minutes. We will have a book of Mormon Trivia! Prepared by us of course.

This last week has been extra special for me. It was a week of spiritual growth. This last weekend, one of the less-active member that we work with passed away. He was a convert to the church, and a good friend of mine. He was also very sick with cancer. I wrote more of the details in the letters. We held his funeral this last weekend. His wife and extended family was present and were very impressed with the way we carried a service.

The wife, who was not a member expressed this last weekend during a testimony meeting how grateful she was to the members of the church. She said in her testimony how much love she had for the missionaries who worked with their family, expecially me who organized the funeral. To me it was truly touching. She also added how she wanted to come to this church and really find out what the mormons are about. It was wonderful.

0 comments:

Post a Comment