Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By


Powered by Blogger

Apr 5, 2010

"Let your will be your reason"

Excerpts from João's email to the family on April 1, 2010

I thought of each one you as I watched conference. On my notes I wrote in between thoughts a simple yet sincere “I love my family.” Attending Conference was a spiritual experience. My testimony of Jesus Christ was strengthened and my love for Him grew deeper.

More people than we expected came and attended conference at the Chapel. It was wonderful for the new-comers to have fellowship and support. Our recent-converts also attended. It is wonderful to see their testimony of the restoration increase.

I was also able to talk to some of the recent-converts that I baptized a year ago. Sister Matadin was touched by President Monson’s talk on the purpose of life and meaning of death. She has not been to the temple yet. She is becoming converted to the gospel and has a desire to attend the Temple and hopefully I will be able to go with her. She was baptized last 4th of July. This last week, our ward had a temple trip, and we were able to bring two of our most recent-converts. It was touching experience. 

Suit season is finally over and we are back to wearing white-shirts on the streets. It is finally warming up again. I feel better wearing a white-shirt, we stand out more I think. 

I was able to catch Dad in the satellite transmission a few times, looking good as always. When I get home we are going to have to sit down for some tie swaps. I love you all so much. And I look forward hearing from you of your conference experience. You will have to tell me your favorite quotes and talks or moments. One of my favorite talks came from Elder Holland, “let your will be your reason.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment